“I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”
ACTIVITIES (like planting, for instance–things you can do on a personal, local level)
For the Flying Things: The birds, the bees, and butterflies!
- Don’t forget to put out food and water for the birds. Please, make sure the water will be in the shade during the heat of the summer.
- Please, don’t pull or cut the dandelions! Bees need them for food, especially in the early spring. They also love clover blooms, if you’re lucky enough to have some.
- Got milkweed?
- It’s a good month to soak/germinate some seed
- Plant seeds that are ready.
- For more info, see:
- Any of your plants ready to transfer outside yet? For help, tips, and how-to, watch this excellent video: Planting Milkweed Part 3 – Ready To Transfer (Help The Monarch Butterfly)
Gardening This Month:
- Follow Color Us Empowered on Facebook where I share the best articles, videos, and other information about all aspects of gardening (among other things) that I can find.
REMINDERS, OBSERVANCES, & EVENTS
LGBT Pride Month
- Anne Frank Day
- Tri-State VegFest
- Where: The New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center, Edison, New Jersey
- Time: 12 – 6 pm
- Cost: Early Bird Price: $15
- All day General Admission Tickets: $20 online pre-sale/$30 Door
- Kids 12 and under Free
- Parking: Free
- For More Info:
- Celebrating African-American freedom and achievement; anniversary of the day slaves in Texas were notified of their emancipation
- World Refugee Day
- American Eagle Day
- For Additional Information: