“I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”
ACTIVITIES (like planting, for instance–things you can do on a personal, local level)
For the Flying Things: The birds, the bees, and butterflies!
- Don’t forget to put out food and water for the birds. Please, make sure the water will be in the shade during the heat of the summer.
- Got milkweed?
- It’s a good month to soak/germinate some seed
- Plant seeds that are ready.
- For more info, see:
- Any of your plants ready to transfer outside yet? For help, tips, and how-to, watch this excellent video: Planting Milkweed Part 3 – Ready To Transfer (Help The Monarch Butterfly)
REMINDERS, OBSERVANCES, & EVENTS
Save the Frogs Costa Rica Ecotour
- Mission/Purpose: “will encompass the rainforest, cloud forest, volcanoes and an abundance of opportunities to find and photograph amphibians. Costa Rica has an incredible array of biodiversity, landscapes and ecosystems. Costa Rica is home to 205 known amphibian species all within a very small geographical area. There are lots of frogs to be found, making Costa Rica a perfect place for a SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour. This family friendly ecotour has been designed to be fun, safe and interesting for travelers of all ages.”
- For more information:
ADA (American with Disabilities Act) Day
- Celebrates the signing of the ADA, guaranteeing equal opportunity for the disabled.