“I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.”
ACTIVITIES (like planting, for instance–things you can do on a personal, local level)
For the Flying Things: The birds, the bees, and butterflies!
- Don’t forget to put out food and water for the birds. And please, make sure the water isn’t frozen. If you can swing a heated bird bath, that would be great for them.
Gardening This Month:
- If you didn’t get it done last month:
- This is a great time for re-organizing and straightening up that garden shed; also, wash out empty pots, seed trays, and other planter/containers with hot soapy water and get them organized and shelved for the winter.
- Clean and sharpen your garden tools; get them maintained and put away. Clean all the dirt off and wash spades, etc., with hot, soapy water to keep them from rusting. Rub wooden handles down with some oil to keep them from becoming brittle and tending to split.
- Follow Color Us Empowered on Facebook where I share the best articles, videos, and other information about all aspects of gardening (among other things) that I can find.
REMINDERS, OBSERVANCES, & EVENTS
- World AIDS Day
- International Day of Disabled Persons
- Palm Beach VegFest
- Mission: “Profits from Palm Beach VegFest are used for community building events or donated to local and national vegan charities. Admission is FREE! Enjoy the good vibes, learn, play games, shop, and spoil your taste buds with frozen desserts and all of your favorite foods!”
- Where: Mizner Park Ampitheater; 590 Plaza Real; Boca Raton, Florida 33432
- When: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm EST
- For more info:
- Human Rights Day
- Bill of Rights Day
December 26-January 1
- A week of celebrating African American heritage
- Wounded Knee Day
- Commemorating December 29, 1890, when US troops massacred more than 200 Lakota Sioux at Wounded Knee, South Dakota